Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My 3rd wedding anniversary.

My hubby and I have known each other for 11 years. But we only married 3 years ago on December 1st 2006. I was 4 months pregnant with Violet at the time.
And no that's not the reason why we got married- my daughter was planned as was my son.We'd been engaged off and on for years. He proposed for the final time at my 25th b-day party. It was very special. He was so nervous he had nose bleeds for weeks before the event. He even had a nose bleed that night at the party. So he had to leave the party early. He got down on one knee in front of everyone.
I didn't have the heart to tell him that night I had known he was going to propose because my sister had slipped and blabbed it to me weeks before.
It was still very romantic and exciting.
We've had a really hard time financially for a couple of years now. Modeling and photography are on a freelance basis- so some months were great while others were really hard especially while expecting a baby.
For our first two wedding anniversaries we went to McD's. We didn't mind- other things we more important to spend money on than ourselves.
But this year we said NO to McD's and YES- to a real restaurant- one where you don't serve yourself- where they serve you water while you look at a menu!
You know- Big deal places! haha!
We went to a nearby restaurant because my little girl wasn't feeling so great- but good enough for us to go out for a little while to eat.
We went to a Thai/ Japanese restaurant- which was excellent. The food was good as was the company. We were adults- Dave had a bottle of sake- not parents for that little while. My husband stared down a decapitated head of Buddah.
I started a game at the restaurant- What things would you do differently if this were our very first date?
One- we probably wouldn't rush home to see our kids.
Two- we'd probably do something after dinner.
Three- we'd dress nicer.
Four- I wouldn't walk in on him sitting on the toilet, while holding the baby.
The list went on and got really silly.
The fact is we're very comfortable with each other- that there's no need to try to impress anymore. We share the brain- we think the same thoughts. We are the same person- the main difference being- he's a man and I'm a woman.
Then again- he sews, cooks, cleans, likes fashion, the list goes on and on.
I'm more aggressive and blunt- I don't sew, I learned to cook from him, I hate cleaning but I do love baking.
Overall, it was a great anniversary.
Thanks hunny.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment