Sunday, April 18, 2010

Huggies almost killed my baby

YEP!
I'm sorry it took me so long to write this. This actually happened March 27th, the same day my sister was rushed to the hospital.
That morning I woke up to my son gagging, I thought he was throwing up. I got up so quick form the bed and ran to him in the crib. He was gagging. I saw something white deep in his mouth and throat. I was able to pry it out of his mouth, thank goodness. He was shook up. But eventually he calmed down.
It was a loose piece from the diaper. The whole package of huggies we bought from Costco was defective, and had loose pieces in the diaper.
So to all parents of kids in diapers out there, CHECK the diaper before you put it on. Don't ever take it for granted that they are safe.
I contacted Huggies that day. They don't me they were very sorry, and would send "a generous compensation". This "generous compensation" for my son almost dying, was a three coupons for a free package of huggies and three coupons for three dollars off diapers!!! WOW.
What a slap in the face. I wasn't expecting anything, I just wanted them to be aware that this CAN happen. and DID happen.
So beware of all diapers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace, love and baby bottles
More to come...

1 comment: